Smart Speed. Pro Specs.
- The Makai is the first GPS that’s specifically designed for SUP. You can see your speed right in front of you on your board, so there’s no need to interrupt your stroke to see how you’re doing. Hit the water right away with this easy-to-mount device that stays on your board and requires no manual.
Optimize your stroke
- The Makai's big numbers let you see speed, distance and elapsed time at a glance. You can pace yourself and refine your technique, without interrupting your stroke to look at a watch.
Built to survive Maui
- Velocitek is based on the North Shore of Maui. The Makai was designed to the specifications of the professional SUP racers who live and train here. The result is a product that can handle extreme conditions. The Makai’s hydrodynamic shape is optimized to minimize drag while deflecting spray away from the screen.
Check your Stats
- The Makai recalls your maximum and average speeds for a session to help you track your progress and evaluate equipment choices.
Hit the water. Now.
- Like all Velocitek products, the Makai makes sense without a manual. It only has one giant button. We guarantee that you will be able to figure it out in a few minutes.
|Speed Accuracy||0.1 mph / 0.16 km/h|
|Speed Units||mph or km/h|
|Display Update Rate||½ second|
|Water Resistance||3m / 10 ft (IPX8)|
|Battery Type||Rechargable Li-Ion|
|Battery Life||40+ hours|
|Dimensions||4.9” x 3.1” x 1.2” / 13cm x 8cm x 3cm|
|Weight||6.6oz / 187g|